Git Development Workflow¶
Conduit’s primary source repository and issue tracker are hosted on github:
We are using a Github Flow model, which is a simpler variant of the confusingly similar sounding Git Flow model.
Here are the basics:
- Development is done on topic branches off the develop.
- Merge to develop is only done via a pull request.
- The develop should always compile and pass all tests.
- Releases are tagged off of develop.
More details on GitHub Flow:
Here are some other rules to abide by:
- If you have write permissions for the Conduit repo, you can merge your own pull requests.
- After completing all intended work on branch, please delete the remote branch after merging to develop. (Github has an option to do this after you merge a pull request.)